Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Ice Cream Shop Open on 9th & Bushkill

A resident alerted me recently to a new ice cream shop, Kreem Depot, that has opened on the corner of N. 9th Street & Bushkill, saying, "It's a cute little place and the owners seem very nice... It's the kind of mom & pop place we need in the West Ward." So I drove by yesterday to check it out, and I have to agree--the place is adorable. It is a family run business, and son Dorian, dad Bill and grandpa Harold were all on hand when we got there. Bill is also referred to as "Uncle Bill" on the menu, as in the "UB Chiller"--soft serve ice cream blended with a topping of your choice.

They serve hard flavors, soft flavors, ices, milkshakes, and sundaes just the way you want them. David had the blue raspberry ice, and I had the butter pecan--it was yummy!

I think what I loved best of all though, was the sweet facade--Uncle Bill did a beautiful paint job, and finished it off with a ice cream cone banner, some potted plants outside, and pale green country curtains on the inside. It reminds me of little places I used to frequent when I lived in Portland, Oregon.

So stop by on a hot sunny day to check it out, welcome them to the neighborhood and give them some business--this is the kind of place we want to see more of around here!

And if you see any new businesses like this popping up, post here and let me know, and I will go check them out : )

No comments: