Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Glimmer Of Hope

With election day this coming Tuesday, the prospect of voting via absentee ballot, due to the fact I would be in Haiti, left me feeling very apathetic. I always vote because it is one true freedom we as Americans have; the right to pick people to represent us.  Yet, I could not bear to even think about the election with Mike Fleck being the only candidate for the West Ward representative.  I considered not handing the ballot in, and surprisingly, was free of guilt because I would not be responsible for the train wreck Fleck will surely become.

On the eve of my departure I was greeted with the news that Dennis Lieb was put on the ballot as a write-in candidate for West Ward Representative on Easton City Council. My absentee ballot was filled in, signed and delivered in a flash.


As the last West Ward representative on city council, I urge all of my friends and neighbors to vote for Dennis Lieb. I have worked closely with Dennis over the years and am continually impressed with his knowledge of city issues. He constantly educates himself on the issues that will impact our neighborhoods. I would feel proud to have him represent me as a part of Easton City Council.

On Tuesday you have a choice of two candidates. The candidate listed on the ballot spends no time in the West Ward other than living there. Without an opponent, he has spent all of his time working in Allentown on the mayors race. All of that time he could have been here walking our neighborhoods and attending our meetings to see what we want done for our city. Instead he has immersed himself in the politics and problems of another city.

I urge all West Ward residents to vote on Tuesday and simply push the button for write-in and type Dennis Lieb’s name in on the keypad. If you have any questions as to the procedure, ask the poll workers and they would be glad to help you.

I am thrilled that the West Ward has the chance to be truly represented on city council. Dennis Lieb will meet you face-to-face and listen to what your hopes are for a better neighborhood to live in. Get out and vote for him on Tuesday.

Tim Pickel


5 comments:

noel jones said...

Nice post, Tim--hopefully you'll get the good news while in Haiti!

David Caines said...

Enjoy Haiti,
Thrilled that dennis is running.

Anonymous said...

Stay in Hatti!!

Tim Pickel said...

LOL. Good to see support out there in the community.

Dennis R. Lieb said...

"Stay in Haiti"...thats pretty damn funny. Too bad they spelled it wrong (Hatti). Must have been overly agitated when they wrote it, don't you think?

If I had a choice I'd take the Cayman Islands any day.

DRL