Monday, November 2, 2009

My two cents to the blog from the latino point of view

Posted by Ruben Justiniano



Hola everyone... my name is Ruben Justiniano. As a Latino West Ward resident I feel privileged for the opportunity I have to contribute with my comments. I have been living in the West Ward for eleven years and I feel highly hopeful about this neighborhood. I have live in different parts of the United States throughout my naval career but I have to say this neighborhood is where I ever felt the most sense of belonging and where I am able to contribute the most.



I am originally from Puerto Rico and I have a 15 year old son who is growing in this neighborhood taking advantage of all the resources offered by this great city like the nice parks, natural trail, the creeks, river and the accessibility to anywhere in town by just walking distance, just to mention a few advantages that my son and I see that we can enjoy in this small neighborhood with a big heart.



I am looking forward to continue collaborating with my time and effort to do what I can to be part of the crowd who wants to see this place grow. The best is yet to come!



By Ruben Justiniano

4 comments:

noel jones said...

Glad to have such a great WW father on board! Anyone who's met Sam can tell what a great dad you are and its really admirable how the two of you have gotten involved in the community along the way. I still remember Sam and his friends working to build the community garden earlier this year.

I know you two bike a lot together too, so I hope you'll keep us all posted as to when the new bike trails open!

Y gracias para escrivindo en espanol as veces tambien! ; )

Nikkita said...

It's great to see yet another voice added to the blog! Great job Noel, in gathering such a well rounded group of people to add to the neighbors of easton :)

hemnes said...

It's great hearing about your experience...what a refreshing, appreciative perspective you have. I see a lot of the kids in this neighborhood and mostly see wasted potential. All the best to you and yours :)

Dennis R. Lieb said...

Ruben,

Welcome aboard and I'm happy you're enjoying Ferry Street. Thank God I got you the heck off my street! (As Letterman would say, it's just a joke.)

Anyway, thanks for making sure your tenants are towing the line and keeping everything ship shape at your old place. I appreciate the efforts. As for the bike trails, everyone will be happy to learn that we approved the final plan for phase one of the Bushkill Creek trail corridor tonight at our Planning Commission meeting.

DRL