Saturday, June 4, 2011

Prescription Drug-Dealing Fugitive from PBurg Apprehending after Foot Chase through the West Ward


Posted by: Noël Jones

I see I am missing all the excitement while I am away. Hiding under a van on Lehigh and Spruce Streets--that's where Easton police found and apprehended 23-year old prescription drug-dealing fugitive Malcolm Moody this afternoon, according to David Foster in this Express-Times article. Apparently this guy jumped through a few back yards in our neighborhood before deciding to hide under a vehicle (an act of desperation I have never understood--these people must watch too many movies--one would hope that only police officers in movies run by vehicles without looking under them when hunting for a suspect). Our officers are far too sharp to fall for that trick, and I can't imagine feeling like more of an ass than to be found trapped under a car by one's own decision.

One thing I find impressive about this story is that it's not the first time that an Express-Times reporter has chased and assisted officers in apprehending a suspect. I will try to find the other articles where this occurred, but if any readers come across them first, please post the link in a comment!

And did any readers see this guy? Did he jump through your backyard?

No comments: