Friday, June 19, 2009

Does Anyone Know What the Siren Was About Last Night?

Hey Everybody--

Did anyone hear the loud warning siren last night, followed by an announcement around 12:30 a.m? (not a police siren, more like those warning sirens that blare from a loudspeaker on top of high poles to warn the masses of impending disaster). I looked in the papers but did not see any announcements--did I miss an article? I opened my window in the fog of sleep to try to hear the announcement, but got it open just as the announcement ended. Did anyone hear what the announcement said? Was it a storm/tornado/flood warning? A terrorism/nuclear holocaust narrowly-averted warning? (I am kidding, but seriously, it was freaky, especially in the middle of the night).

Please post here if you know what the announcement said or why the siren was activated.

(The old-timers here are probably chuckling at me, and it probably comes with the territory, but I haven't talked to anyone yet who knows what it was).

OK, post here if you know--or I will lose sleep tonight wondering about it--thanks!

No comments: