Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hidden Danger in the Home

LeFemme

I just thought it was necessary to post this news article about what happened to my boyfriend's best friend.
His son accidently hung himself last night and literally died a few minutes before the ambulance came and resusitated him.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/22719573/detail.html


As parents, its scary to think that you can loose your child in such a split second. I spoke with Ruben this evening before I went to the meeting and he told me that basically all the kids were horse playing around in the bedroom when Sammy's grandmother told the kids to stop because they were setting a bad example to their younger siblings (who as you know love to mimic their older brothers/sisters). She called them downstairs to watch the news together as they always did, all the kids except Sammy came down. Savior (their other son) went up to see what Sammy was doing and saw that he was hanging from the top bunk bed. He called for his grandmother, she was able to release him and the ambulance were able to come and revive him. He was hanging for only 1 - 1.5 minutes...Can u imagine what the outcome would have been if no one checked up on him.

It's just so important as a parent to use that 6th sense God gave you. You don't know how many times it has kept me and my family safe. It's also re-emphasizes why we need to daily love on our children, let them know in the morning before you leave and at night before they go to bed that you love them... none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

3 comments:

noel jones said...

How scary! I'm so glad he is okay...his grandmother must have been terrified--I can't imagine. I'm so glad that there was a happy ending.

Sandra Walters Weiss said...

Thank God there was a happy ending having raised a son I know just how boys can be...terrifying! Especially at a young age when they are what they think INVINCIBLE! My son was into extreme sports and was one of the 1st local skateboarders.I remember he skated down the hill that is by the courthouse that passes by Praxis or whatever it is called now.No helmet no pads no nothing but his buddies and a video camera, well when I saw the video I was floored.I remember taking his skateboard but he had another one and I didn't know whether to be proud or kill him. This is such a great post because there are dangers in the home and boys will be boys,it remind me of the old Crosby,Stills and Nash song"Teach Your Children Well".Well we certainly need to heed that advice and I bet he won't try that again but it only goes to show even under the best guiding and supervision,boys will be boys!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the Allentown Paramedics! See there are advantages to living in cities. In a more rural area where ambulances are more spread out or not always staffed this outcome could have been different.