Tuesday, June 1, 2010

City to Charge Utilities Quarterly Starting Sept. 1st

Mark you calendars and start saving $$!

Posted by: Noel Jones

The good news? Less paperwork and you only have to pay your bills four times a year. The bad news? The bill will be three times as big, so start saving now.

To Mayor Panto's credit, the City continues to go over the budget with a fine-toothed comb to find areas of waste where we can streamline and save money. This latest plan by City Administrator, Glenn Steckman and Finance Director Chris Heagle will save $80,000 in tax dollars each year.

Read all about it in Ed Sieger's Express Times article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I understand the plan from the article, the bill would come to my home similar to a real estate tax. Let's say the total is $210. I can pay it all within the due date or i can choose to pay $70 per month for 3 months. I pay the same amount either way and the city saves $80,000. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

noel jones said...

I agree. The same thing happened with my ADT security alarm bill--it's nice not to have to pay it every month, but when it comes, it's hefty--it will be important for everyone to think ahead to enjoy the benefit of the new arrangement, but saving taxpayers $80k sounds good to me--I'm glad the mayor and staff are still aggressively looking for savings in the budget.