Friday, June 10, 2011

Two People Seriously Shocked at Wilson Carnival Last Night

Posted by: Noël Jones

According to this Express-Times article by Tom Rowan, Jr., two carnival employees were electrocuted in the bean bag toss trailer at the Wilson Borough Carnival at Meuser Park last night, and taken to the hospital. The trailer has been removed from the lot. Really scary.

Here's is Rowan's updated article--apparently a police officer who tried to assist the two was also shocked. The description by witnesses sounds terrible!


tunsie said...

not to direct from the serious incident...Im sorry for the victims and I want them to get better fast.....BUT...I want everybody 2 know I love noel.....tunsie

Anonymous said...

FYI, you mean shocked, not electrocuted. The word "electrocuted" is only used if they are killed.

noel jones said...

I looked up the definition on line--Anon is right--"electrocution" is only used when someone is killed by electrical shock, so I've changed the title of this post because, thankfully, although these people were seriously injured and rushed to the hospital, they did not die.

noel jones said...

Wilson Borough Council has apparently written a letter to the Lions Club asking them to relocate their fair: